Application Deadline is Friday, May 3rd, 2019 by 11:59pm (PST)
Parents or Legal Guardians (“You”) must submit a clear digital photo of your daughter, son or legal ward (“Child”) and a VIDEO with the application. Please see the video specification instructions at the end of this application for more details.
- You and your Child must be (a) a legal resident of the U.S. and able to legally travel to any foreign country in connection with your participation in the Program, or (b) able to obtain the appropriate visa or waiver to enable You and your Child to stay legally in the United States to participate in the Program and be able to legally travel to any foreign country in connection with your Child’s participation in the Program.
- Your Child must be between the ages of 9 and 14 as of July 1st, 2019.
- You and/or your Child must not be a candidate for public office and must agree not to become one until one (1) year after the initial exhibition of the episodes of the Program in which your Child appears, if selected as a participant.
- Your Child must be in good health and capable of participating in strenuous athletic activities;
- You and your Child will need to be available to the production for approximately between three and five days or possibly longer or shorter beginning in July 2019 (all dates subject to change in the sole discretion of Producer as defined herein), and You and your Child will need to be available for pre-production and post production activities. Furthermore, You and your Child may be separated from the other members of your family for some or all of this time. You and your Child will need to be willing to travel to various locations as part of production.
- Your Child may not participate in the Program if your Child’s participation would create impropriety or the appearance of impropriety. In making this determination, JVCT Productions, Inc. (“Producer”) and NBC Universal, Inc. or its parent (Comcast Corporation or affiliated or subsidiary companies) (“Network”) will consider whether You or any member of your immediate family or anyone living in your household is or has been within the last two (2) years an employee, officer, director or agent of any of the following:
- NBC Universal, Inc. or any television production company, network, station or distributor owned and operated by NBC Universal, Inc.;
- Producer, or any other person or entity involved in the development, production, distribution or other exploitation of the Program or any version or variation thereof;
- Any sponsor of the Program or its advertising agency; or
- Any person or entity supplying prizes or other services to the Program.
- If your Child is selected as a potential participant, your Child, and You must execute waivers and release agreements, including, but not limited to, an applicant agreement and release and other agreement(s) as required by the Producer or the Network, or any of their licensees, successors or assigns.
- Any offer to become a participant is conditioned upon You and your Child: (i) granting Producer access to your Child’s various social media accounts (as set forth herein) if not fully accessible to public view; and (ii) your Child’s submission to physical examinations to be conducted by medical professionals selected by and paid for by the Producer and the certification of the medical professionals that your Child meets all physical requirements. You must be willing to submit your Child’s medical information to the production, and your Child must be willing to submit to a medical examination.
Producer has the right to modify the above eligibility requirements at any time without notice.